Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby cousin

Authors Note: I'm writing about the time my cousin was born and how it effects me.

I was always used to having all the attention in my family, being the youngest kid and only girl.  I was only 5 years old when my cousin, Erin was born.  She was breathtaking, but she stole all the attention away from me. 
I always love going to hospitals nowadays but back then I always thought ewe. I never enjoyed the smell of the latex.  I feel that when I’m in a hospital I’m going to get sick.

We enter the room where she was born,  I look at my aunt, covered in sweat sitting in hideous hospital clothes.  She greets us and says look at the baby!  One thing where is the baby?  I wondered, She pointed over to a container with bright lights on it I looked and I was amazed.

There for I was excited finally another girl instead of me!  She gets annoying now days but I got used to it and every moment I’m with her I make it special for her.  She looks up to me so I want to be a good remodel.

I loved my cousin, finally having another girl in my whole family that I could get to play dress up and play dolls with.  It makes perfect sense to be jealous because the attention will be stolen from yourself but I was kind of okay with it.  She was a beautiful baby. Now she is 7 and I still love spending time with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment