Thursday, October 11, 2012

Zumbro


Refreshing  water, blue sky's, and  the smell of outdoors, make me feel comforted and relaxed.  I have experienced life like this in only one place in the world, The Zumbro River.  My family has relatives in southern Minnesota, near Rochester.  We usually spend about four to five days relaxing in Minnesota, one out of those five days my brothers and cousins all go down to the river on golf carts, we bring tubes and raffs.  As soon as we usually get there we jump right in to the cold fresh water.

  My memories of modeling on a rock are refreshed every time I visit the river.  Well were at the river we take place in log races where we sit on logs and all race downstream and first one to pass the old wooden bridge wins. I usually lost because I am the youngest but my siblings would always make me feel better by making me flower crowns and pronouncing me their princess.  

There for when I was the princess my siblings would pull me around in a raft.  I would lay down and hear the sound of the dog jumping in the river, and my cousins trying to get a ragged old ball from the sweet soggy puppy.  My mom, grandma, and aunt would all be sitting on the bench enjoying a cool refreshment and having a good time.

My memories of tanning, modeling, swimming, and being forever young will always last at the Zumbro.   I cant wait until next when I bring a couple of my friends, and I can tell them all about my old memories so we can carry them on to our children someday.  The Zumbro will always be someplace in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment